Friday, April 20, 2012

My simple reminder...

Have you ever had one of those days where you need a reminder of why you're doing what you doing? Today was one of those days for me. It was one of those days when the Little One wasn't happy, wasn't comfortable, wasn't playing, wasn't sleeping. No, Mommy. I'm not going to play/cuddle/have tummy time/swing/sleep. Now, since she's not quite 6 months old, all of that was said through various episodes of crying, hand-slinging, kicking and other such activity. But as I walked into her room to put her in the crib, my eyes fell on the cross hanging on her wall that held the reminder "For this child I have prayed..."  Yes, I prayed for moments like this. I prayed for that little snotty nose and tear-streaked cheeks. I prayed for the little hand pulling at my hair and the little bottom that offered me a dirty diaper as a sacrifice this afternoon. But I also prayed for those eyes that light up and turn towards me at the sound of my voice and the smile that takes over her face when I sing silly songs. I prayed for the big, slobbery, open-mouthed kisses on my cheeks. I prayed for the tiny fingers that hold  onto mine.  I prayed for this sweet child and the Lord granted me what I asked of Him.

I'm starting this blog with the hope of reminding myself of my blessings as well as encouraging others.  Some of my musings on here may be first-time mom musings, adoptive parent questions and struggles, lessons I'm learning on raising a child of another race (hello hair and skin care!), a day in the life of a nurse and who knows what else!  Thanks for joining me on my journey! Please try to support and encourage and not to judge and lets see where this journey takes me

No comments:

Post a Comment